Sunday, September 27, 2009

Better luck at dominoes and Virginia Tech wins again!

So... this Friday was Domino night again. Only one table playing, with a team waiting. The rules are a bit different from ours, but still the same principle. We're playing with "premios" for the first four hands. 100, 75, 50, and 25 points, plus you count every point left, not just the losing team. Obviously we don't play to 100 (duh!), but to 500, and capicua is worth 100 points. If you end with the double-O it's called "chuchazo" and it's another 100 points! Anyways, I did win 3 games Friday, which was WAAAAY better than last week. I took a few pictures, which will probably end in our facebook page (if you haven't checked it yet... you should, it's actually pretty decent. My commander already mentioned the fact that half the fans in the page have the last name Pazos... good job!)

Work's going. Going. The routine is actually not too bad. I only drink coffee right now. Now that I dont have a crazy mission schedule, I stopped with the energy drinks and I started working out again as well. My commander runs 3-4 times a week, and I "volunteered" to be his running partner (like many things in the Army, the word "volunteer" usually means "volun-told"). Long story short, I'm running 3-4 times a week now.

And... in a weekend full of upsets, Virginia Tech crushed Miami! After last weekend's last minute win, it was extremely pleasant to see Virginia Tech come out and absolutely demolish Miami (You could say I'm not particularly fond of the Hurricanes). Also, Venezuela won its first game in a final stage of a Soccer championship (sub-20 level, but still... it's a good start) against a pretty good Nigerian Team. Real Madrid also won and is leading the Spanish league. All I need now is for the Colts and Falcons to win and I can call it a weekend!

No Barbeque Sunday this week. Oh well, there's always next Sunday.

Oh... one last thing. We just got a Green Beans Coffee trailer delivered to our base. Green Beans is kind of like a Starbucks, but less fancy, and only in areas where the US is deployed. Most of their profits go towards helping Armed Forces, so it's pretty cool. The trailer is literally like 100ft from my tent and should be opening pretty soon! wooooooo wooooooo!

Bueno, that's all I got today! Un abrazo a todos!

Antonio

2 comments:

  1. I love that we're dominating the fan base of your company page! I'll go check out the pics, but it seems that you're less stressed than you were a month back, so that's very good news. Un abrazo right back at you!!!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend! I am glad your doing good, you do sound less stressed and im glad! I will make sure I go to the facebook page so at least one fan won't be Pazos =)Oh and Colts won, Falcons not so much lol! Cuidate!=)

    ReplyDelete