Wednesday, July 1, 2009

viruses.

Upset. That word pretty much covers it for me right now (I'd use more ellocuent words... but I'm also tired).

My computer just crashed. I guess when you have 80+ laptops in a 100 foot radius, viruses become pretty common. Well... my computer found a couple, said it took care of them... but yea... NO. As of right now, I can't execute anything, my wallpaper is a bright blue screen that says WARNING and some other stuff on it. I tried reformating my computer and it won't even let me do THAT. I asked around, and two other people got the same symptoms, and so far, they haven't been able to fix it.

So... I made a decision that I've been considering for a very long time now. I have officially had it with PC. I'm sick and tired of it. I just bought a Macbook pro online. Since they don't ship directly to APO addresses, it's gotta get re-routed some weird way and it should be here within the next 6 to 12 months... (more like 6 to 8 weeks...).

Whatever. I'll try getting on other people's computers when I get a chance, but no promises. This really sucks.

And, oh by the way, Titi took the lead in the "care package" race (yes... it is a race, something about being a Pazos... I dont know). I received 2 from Titi & Co. yesterday and she is leading the pack with 5, followed closely by Vivi & Co. with 3.

Anyway, it's not like I need a computer or anything... or like I lost files that I need... nah.

On another note, we're doing alright. The big news about pulling out of cities didn't really affect us too much, since we (like most other units) were already working on it ahead of time, to make it go by smoother, i guess. We'll see how it goes.

That's all I got. Till next one (whenever that may be)

Antonio

6 comments:

  1. Ooooo... I love being in the lead!!! Since I'm the competitive type, I better send another right away to make sure that I maintain my lead! Sorry to hear about your computer. I'm typing right now from an iMac, so I'm with you 100% on the switch idea. Good luck getting the computer. Glad to hear that the city pull out didn't impact you guys very much... I hope everything continues to go just as smoothly for the next 10+ months until you're safely back home.

    Love you! Be safe and stay sane.

    Titi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other option would be to install Ubuntu, but that's really only for computer nerds. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I got a plan thats gonna blow radar's mom out of the water in this competition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cous... just thinking of you today because the ticker on my blog says 300 days to go! I know it's not exact, but it's still a good milestone because it means you've completed more than 2 months and are that much closer to coming home.

    I love you and more rum cakes are on the way!!!!

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Antonio... I read your comment and am glad to hear that you're making more room for care packages since there are more on the way. Javier did send one and it should be getting there shortly unless it's been intercepted and confiscated. He mentioned some of the contents and some are very interceptable!!! We'll be seeing Rafa and gang in just a couple of days and are very excited about that... it may even merit a blog post on Radar Love - we'll have to see!

    Congrats on the early break - I agree that it makes much more sense to head back for some special event since it will make the time more full and it will seem like a longer break. I wish I could be there to celebrate, but I think that's too soon for another world tour for Radar. I will have the pleasure of ringing in the big 4 - 0 with your cousin Paul in just about a week and a half. Wish you were there!!!

    I love you,
    Titi

    ReplyDelete